Monday, March 10, 2014

ARC Review: Hexed - Michelle Krys


Having had the opportunity to be one of the first people to read this book, I gotta say that I am beyond impressed. Hexed was such a fun read for me that I found myself sneaking peeks at it while I was supposed to be working....*oops* I actually became so invested in the outcome of this story/characters that I stayed up reading until 2am and I am an old lady in YAbook years so that is like... SUPER late. Totally worth it though because Bishop. ~swoon. But really, I would most def recomend this book to my friends.. It had all the good stuff; withches, wizards, bad boys, catty girls, love interests, jay-z; EVERYTHING. It's a little bittersweet getting to read this so early because now I have EVEN LONGER to wait for the next book! Check out the synopsis below and let me know if you're excited about checking this one out! 




Description

It's The Craft meets Bring It On in Hexed, the first novel in a brand-new series from debut author Michelle Krys in which a snarky sixteen-year-old cheerleader is forced into a centuries-old war between witches and sorcerers only to uncover the first of many dark truths about her life . . .
If high school is all about social status, Indigo Blackwood has it made. Sure, her quirky mom owns an occult shop, and a nerd just won't stop trying to be her friend, but Indie is a popular cheerleader with a football-star boyfriend and a social circle powerful enough to ruin everyone at school. Who wouldn't want to be her?

Then a guy dies right before her eyes. And the dusty old family Bible her mom is freakishly possessive of is stolen. But when a frustratingly sexy stranger named Bishop enters Indie's world, she learns her destiny involves a lot more than pom-poms and parties. If she doesn't get the Bible back, every witch on the planet will die. And that's seriously bad news for Indie, because according to Bishop, she's a witch too.


RELEVANT LINKS AND STUFF:

pre-order on amazon

author's website

become a fan on goodreads

follow michelle on twitter




ABOUT THE AUTHOR


MICHELLE KRYS lives with her husband and son in Northwestern Ontario. She works part-time as a NICU nurse and spends her free time writing books for teens. Michelle is probably not a witch, though she did belong to a witchcraft club in the fifth grade and "levitated" people in her bedroom, so that may be up for debate. Hexed is her first novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment