Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Books I Love: The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey


"Some things you can never leave behind. They don't belong to the past, they belong to you."

My thoughts on this book are after the cut!



I received this book as a gift from my aunt, who decided that instead of listening to me pine after it, she would just buy it for me. THANKS AUNTIE JO JO.

Anywhooooo - I started this book on a thursday at work which was a terrible idea. From the very first page, It consumed me. I couldnt put this book down, which hampered my progress on the job. The style of writing is definintely uniquely Rick Yancey. You either love it or hate it. I am definitely the former.

OH AND THERE ARE SO MANY SHIPS. At first I thought I loved the idea of Ben and Cassie being together.. but that was before she met Evan... and then my world was so confused. AND THEN THERE WAS RINGER. I definitely liked her with Ben. BUT THEN BEN STARTED BEING ALL SWEET TO CASSIE AND SAMMY.. and Evan was all "I'll find you, dont I always find you?" AND MY HEART WAS BREAKING. I didnt expect to be so emotionally involved with these characters.

This is definitely one of my top 5 books of the year. If you get a chance, you should definitely check it out. You can buy it on amazon here.

The cover for the second installment in this series comes out this week! Keep your eyes peeled, we will most assuredly be posting it for your lovely little eyes to enjoy!

Have you read this book? What were your thoughts on it? Comment below and let me know!!

xx - Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment