Monday, April 21, 2014

ARC Review: Boys Like You - Juliana Stone

Lately I have been stuck in a reading rut. I have read lots of books but haven't felt completely satisfied with any of them. I thought that maybe that stemmed from my reading my way through every single dystopian book that I could get my hands on, as it is my favorite genre. So on a whim, I thought, "Why not find a good contemporary on netgalley to get me out of this funk!" - Which set me off on my mission to find a book that called to me.

I am V E R Y picky when it comes to requesting ARCS on netgalley because I want my approval-to-review ratio to stay at 100% and I dont want to be a greedy brat and request ALL THE BOOKS and stop other readers from being approved for a book that I may not even read. That being said, OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY I REQUESTED THIS ONE.



My Thoughts: I was enchanted by this book almost immediately. I had intended to read it as a palette cleanser in between series.. BUT IT TOTALLY BACKFIRED. I started this book on a thursday afternoon and I did not stop reading it until I was finished. At one point I even took my kindle with me to pee! hahahah. The characters are so charming and relatable. I mean, yeah, there is plenty of angst.. but not in the "Oh my God, can you please stop being a brat and go on with your life!" kind of way. The chemistry between Monroe and Nate is phenomenal and Gram is SO CUTE OMG. By the end of the book I was genuinely cheering this family on. I wanted a happily ever after and Juliana really delivered. I wasn't expecting the ending but I really enjoyed it. I couldn't stop thinking about the book after I finished and so I took to twitter to ask the author about a 2nd book for the series! Ill post the tweet and the synopsis after the cut! (The tweet may be a bit of a spoiler - but not much)

This book will be available for purchase on May 6th and it is not something you want to miss out on! I will give direct links to pre-order this book after the cut.


IF
If I hadn't fallen asleep.
If I hadn't gotten behind the wheel.
If I hadn't made a mistake.
For Monroe Blackwell, one small mistake has torn her family apart—leaving her empty and broken. There's a hole in her heart that nothing can fill. That no one can fill. And a summer in Louisiana with her grandma isn't going to change that...
Nathan Everets knows heartache firsthand when a car accident leaves his best friend in a coma. And it's all his fault. He should be the one lying in the hospital. The one who will never play guitar again. He doesn't deserve forgiveness, and a court-appointed job at the Blackwell B&B isn't going to change that...
There's No Going Back
Captivating and hopeful, this achingly poignant novel brings together two lost souls struggling with grief and guilt—looking for acceptance, so they can find forgiveness.


Info about future books:





Relevant Links:






About The Author:

Juliana Stone’s love of the written word and 80s rock, have inspired her in more ways than one. She writes contemporary romance, paranormal romance and will debut a young adult novel in 2014. She spends her days navigating a busy life that includes, a husband, kids, a dog and a cat.


(This book was provided to me, free of charge, for an honest review. All thoughts provided are solely the opinions of the reviewer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment