Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Books I Love: Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell


I know what you're thinking, everyone loves Fangirl, SO why post about it? I guess this is where I borrow a line from our dear friend Augustus. Im not in the business of denying myself simple pleasures.

After reading this book, I couldn't stop thinking about how real it was. Most contemporary books focus so much on either a terribly angsty girl/boy who falls in love with the most beautiful person that they have ever seen and they fix all of their problems. This book showcased a completely normal boy and semi normal (okay no one is completely normal) girl. The way she seems to see all of his flaws and sees past them is how love really is. The characters are so real. Real, Real, Real. Thats the only word that comes to mind when I think of this book. Since this was my first Rainbow Rowell novel, I was a little sad that the ending was so abrupt - Ive since learned that ending her books kind of suddenly, without drawn out endings, is just part of her style. After finishing this, I immediately order Eleanor and Park. I CANT WAIT TO READ IT!!!! This book is definitely 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment