Tuesday, August 25, 2015

REVIEW: Falling From The Sky by Sarina Bowen

Falling From The Sky by Sarina Bowen

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

read this review on goodreads

****This book will be part of a box set with 10 romances called Unconditional Which all share a common theme: Disabilities. Each of the 10 books will have a  character struggling to cope with their different disabilities. This will release on August 26th 2015 ****

Sarina will be donating all of her proceeds to the Dana and Christopher Reeve Foundation, which supports spinal cord injury research. 


Official Synopsis:
Bad boy Hank “Hazardous” Lazarus used to have everything: a gorgeous girlfriend, a career as a freestyle snowboarder and a spot on the US Olympic team. Nine months ago, after a bad crash in the half pipe, he woke up in the hospital, unable to move his legs. Now he’s landed there again, but gravity is not the culprit. With his family pressuring him to try a groundbreaking treatment, Hank self-medicates with too much tequila instead.

Doctor Callie Anders has the courage to restart a patient’s heart with a thousand volts of electricity, yet she’s afraid to risk her own. So she doesn’t confess to her newest patient they they met just before the accident, an encounter that he doesn’t remember. Even as their friendship develops, she won’t admit that she regrets turning down his dinner invitation, or that her heart stutters every time those inked shoulders roll through the door of the therapy department.
With another Vermont winter coming again, Hank needs a hand out from under the avalanche of his disappointments. If only Callie were brave enough to take the job.

My thoughts:
I want to start out by saying that I had never read any Sarina Bowen books until May of this year, when I decided to start her Ivy Years Series while in an airport for a 3 hour layover. During that 3 hour layover I read over half of The Year We Fell Down and continued to read it while boarding the plane and during the entire flight. By the time I landed I had cried on a plane full of people and finished the book. I continued my way through that series and it quickly became one of my all time favorite NA series ever. After forcing that series on everyone that came within a 5 foot radius, I decided that I should check out her other series!
The Gravity Series did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the first, but the Second, Falling From The Sky was much better. I truly felt the pain that Hank “hazardous” went through after his injury. This book showed his struggle with going through the lowest point in his life and working his way out of it. While doing so, he meets Dr. Callie, whom I absolutely adore. I love that she was able to help him through the darkest time in his life. She was so spunky and intelligent that I really admired that. I love that Sarina writes such strong female characters. I was rooting for Hank and Callie SO HARD. I think by the end of the book I was going to DIE if they didnt get an HEA. I also truly enjoyed how she incorporated the couple from the first book, but in a way that did not take away from the story at hand. I hate when previous couples get ENTIRE CHAPTERS in a book that isnt even about them! Okay - This is not the place to rant about that so ANYWAY. This book was amazing and I am so happy to review it for such a great cause!!!

What I liked: 
  • Hank - Hellooooo hottie
  • Callies strong character
  • learning the ins and outs of recovery
  • how easily Sarina’s writing sucked me into the story
buy on amazon
add on goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment