Wednesday

Wizarding World Hollywood | Anaheim, California | 1.21.18





image
GUYS!!!!!! I have the most exciting post for you today! Most of you that follow me on instagram saw a few of my adventures from my trip to Los Angeles, including my day at #WizardingWorldHollywood, which BTW was THE ACTUAL BEST. I am finally coming down from my butterbeer sugar rush enough to share my Hogwarts experience with you!



image

As I was gearing up for my trip to LA, I started a check list of places that I wanted to see while I was there. At the top of that list was Universal Studios Hollywood and Wizarding World Hollywood! Harry Potter was such a fundamental part of my childhood and can be attributed for igniting my love for Young Adult Literature so to say that I was excited would be an understatement! To top it off, I wasn’t going to #WizardingWorldHollywood until the VERY last day of my trip so the anticipation was unreal!
After arriving at the parking garage we made our way through City Walk only to realize that there was a Harry Potter gift shop OUTSIDE of the parks gates!!!! We spent half an hour just in the gift shop just looking at all of the Howarts merch! After realizing we had spent too much time reveling in amazement at the gift shop, we decided to head into park!



image
 After getting our tickets we almost immediately ran into the entrance to Hogsmeade! I cannot even explain the feeling of pure joy that my friends and I felt walking under the archway leading into the most magical part of the park! It genuinely felt like I was Harry walking through Diagon Alley with Hagrid for the first time!



image

Seeing all of the shops was truly incredible. I thought that maybe the experience would feel fabricated because it *is* a theme park, but that wasn’t the case at all!

Walking through the streets, I stumbled upon a group of girls dressed as Hogwarts students and asked if I could take a photo of them and I cant believe how well they turned out! Their photos look like they’re straight from J.K. Rowling’s imagination!



image




image
It wouldn’t be a trip to Hogsmeade without a bit of butterbeer! Side note - I liked this butterbeer 1000000x more than the one I tried at the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London.



image
After drinking our fill of butterbeer, we decided to grab wands! Ollivander’s was a bustling shop and seeing all of the different wands for the different characters was so special.



image




image
Once we left Ollivander’s we finally made our stop in Honeyduke’s, my most favorite shop of them all!!! This place was so vibrant and fun and it was exactly as I had pictured while reading about it all those years ago.



image




image
I am not sure that I can truly explain to you how it felt to walk through the streets of Hogsmeade and round the corner only to find a life size Hogwarts. I *actually* gasped out loud. i may have squealed a little and I most definitely cried. It was so incredible. I don’t even think I can put the feeling into words.



Now that you’ve seen all of my photos from the trip, tell me about yours! Have you been? Do you plan to go? HAVE YOU TRIED THE BUTTERBEER? If not, make sure you start planning your trip ASAP!!!!

click here to view FULL RESOLUTION photos from my trip!

Be sure to visit Universal Studios Hollywood on facebook, twitter, and instagram! I cant say enough thanks to @unistudios for helping me experience the most magical place on earth.

Visit Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook

Follow UniStudios on Twitter

Follow UniStudios on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment