Sunday

Tennessean Hotel Review | 2.23.2018

Happy March!!!
I wanted to check in with you all because I have an exciting post for you guys today! I have my very first hotel experience / review to share!!!! This is something that I have been thinking of doing for a long time and was lucky enough to be able to make my dream a reality last weekend! 
I have to start out with a little back story on why I decided to choose this particular hotel as my first place to visit. A little less than a year ago I saw a post on @juniperbooks instagram that showed a HUGE installation that they had completed with their book jackets. The installation was a satellite image/map of Knoxville. I had recognized it immediately thanks to the super recognizable Tennessee River running right through it! I am such a sucker for Juniper Books that I knew I was going to have to make a trip to visit the hotel and bookshelf ASAP. 
That being said, I am sure you can imagine how excited I was to begin my stay at The Tennessean Hotel. Before I had checked in, I had received an email from Hannah, who works with the Tennessean, asking if I required any special services or had any requests for my stay. As I am a very “no fuss” traveler, I told her that I didn’t have any requests but I planned to arrive right at check in and was looking forward to my stay! This level of attention to guests and their needs was already above and beyond what I have received at any other hotel thus far and I hadn’t even checked in yet! 
Upon arrival I was greeted at valet and then went right in to check in. Check in was a breeze and then I was shown to my room. I stayed in the Premier City View King room and it was AMAZING. As soon as you walk in to the room you are struck with how much detail and thought they put into the design! It was truly incredible! Not to mention the chocolates and hand written note that was waiting for me! The combination of the friendly staff at check in and the letter really made me feel like my stay was important to the hotel. That is a rare feeling now days. 

The room had a view facing World’s Fair Park and the iconic Sunsphere which was exciting for me because I couldn’t get enough of it! I took at least 50 photos of the view and I regret nothing! Watching the sun set behind the Sunsphere was breathtaking!  I spent the next few hours settling in and grabbing dinner with a friend. Afterward I came back to the hotel and cozied up with a book before getting the best sleep of my life in my super comfy bed. 

The next morning I spent some time in front of the Juniper Books installation in awe of how much time and thought went into the display. The attention to detail was incredible and I am sure I could have spent much more time there if given the chance. After gathering my belongings I begrudgingly checked out of the hotel and as I was leaving, Hannah from the emails before my stay introduced herself, and she was so lovely in person. In fact everyone that I encountered was friendly and made me feel warm and welcomed. I cant wait to spend more time here in the future. It is a must visit hotel in Knoxville, Tennessee. 


To book your own stay, Click here!

*all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment